Velvet Luxe is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of the users of www.velvetluxe.co.za (the “Website”).
Personal Data Collection
- information you have given us (e.g. your names, email address, company, telephone number, etc.) by filling in contact forms on the Website, signing up for newsletters, or otherwise;
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or other devices to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including: your visit information; page response times; download errors; length of visits to pages of the Website; and
- any other information relating to you collected or generated or in respect of your use of or visits to the Website.
- Although your Personal Data is collected generally for these reasons, we reserve the right to conduct additional handling of your Personal Data when in reference to any legal or criminal investigation, in accordance with the applicable laws.
Intended Use of Personal Data
- Personal Data will be used primarily to communicate directly with you on submitted queries through contact forms, and where applicable, in terms of opt-in services, like newsletters, to provide you with personalised communication and to market Velvet Luxe products and services. Any opt-in communications will include opt-out options to cancel such subscriptions.
- Your Personal Data may be transferred to third parties who act for or on our behalf, for further processing in accordance with the purpose(s) for which the Personal Data was originally collected or administered. We may share Personal Data with:
- government bodies or authorities if required to do so to comply with law, or to assist with law enforcement, or to protect our property and other rights; or
- agencies who help organise statistics about the Website traffic, demographics and other commercial information.
- All third parties will only use Personal Data for the agreed purposes, honouring confidentiality agreements, and shall not sell or use your Personal Data to further third parties, unless acting for or on our behalf.
- The Website includes various links which may direct you to the external websites of our clients, partners, brands, or similarly referenced websites, which may not be owned or controlled by Velvet Luxe. These external websites will be governed by their own privacy policies, and therefore Velvet Luxe accepts no responsibility or liability for their use.
Right of Access
- Your Personal Data will be protected and kept accurate, to the limits of our abilities, for the purposes for which it was collected.
- We take reasonable measures to protect your Personal Data, however, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
- Once we have received your information, we will use reasonable security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.